Geoffrey J. Schaller
Rahway, NJ 07065
PCS Wireless – System Administrator (June 2021 - Present)
- Brought on board to remediate Tech Support process, personnel, and documentation
- Responsible for Help Desk for global company of 500+ employees
- Managed AD, Azure, M365, and linked accounts, as well as on-prem services
- Oversaw deployment of Help Desk Ticketing System & Device Management solutions
National Tree Company – System Administrator (July 2020 - May 2021)
- Responsible for completion of Windows 10 Deployment
- Managed multiple Hardware, Software, and Licensing remediations
- Supported legacy In-House ERP system and Peak Season Sales Process
ACE IT Solutions (MSP) – System Engineer / Team Lead (September 2018 - July 2020)
- System Engineer for Award-Winning MSP in Northern NJ.
- Part of Leadership Team for Help Desk Staff.
- Team Lead responsible for Process & Documentation.
- Working with ConnectWise, Automate (Labtech), and other industry standard tools to support & maintain environments.
Profulgent Technologies (MSP) – System Administrator II (June 2017 – June 2018)
- System Administrator for MSP in Central NJ with clients state-wide.
- Responsible for configuration, deployment, and management of Hyper-V systems, including the development of multi-client standards.
- Worked with ConnectWise, Automate (Labtech), and other industry standard tools to support & maintain environments.
Archon One (MSP) – Lead IT Support Engineer (July 2016 – May 2017)
- Manager for MSP Support Team with multiple clients across Manhattan.
- Assumed responsibility for legacy infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, including VMware, SAN, NAS, SonicWall, ZoneDirector, and other systems.
- Responsible for maintenance of multisite knowledge base and process wiki.
FirstKey Holdings – Help Desk Associate (December 2015 – May 2016)
- Served as Deskside and Remote support for users in New York City, Rye Brook, and Pasadena.
- Created and managed Intranet & Documentation system for corporate wide use.
- Assisted with migration from on premise Exchange to Office 365.
Khronos, LLC – IT Support & System Administrator (December 2003 – November 2015)
- Provided Executive support for hardware and software, including Macintosh & Windows support, and configuring individual machines with personal / unique settings.
- Served in multiple support roles for this international hedge fund, including desk side and remote support for all users in the USA, Europe, and Latin America.
- Involved extensively in all aspects of IT, including inventory, server and network management, email and security administration, disaster recovery, and account creation and management.
- Planned and executed multiple IT projects, including a co-location move, a switchover of systems from Mac to PC, multiple server changes, and full Active Directory rewrites.
- Created and managed the IT process documentation and training, including AV, Video Conferencing, and Remote Access.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – IT Phone & Desktop Support (July 1998 – November 2003)
- Hardware and Software support over the phone and desk-side support for a user base of over 4000 people.
- Responsible for configuring PCs, inventory, and Add/Move Requests
- Additionally provided basic LAN administration, Large-Scale Project Processing and Fulfillment, and Training.
General Electric – Help Desk Support (May 1996 – July 1998)
- Served as Phone Support and Desk Side Support for GE Corporate, GE Benefits, and a worldwide audit team.
- Provided hardware and software support over the phone for users worldwide, as well as desk-side support for local users.
- Responsible for configuring PCs and basic LAN administration.
Day and Zimmermann Information Solutions – IT Phone Support (January 1995 – May 1996)
- Served as first point of contact for worldwide IT issues for a Fortune 500 company.
- Provided hardware and software support over the phone for users worldwide, including application use, telecommunication issues, network connectivity and security, and training.
Knight Realms – Techinical Officer (February 2002 – December 2014)
- Served as Staff member, interfacing with all parts of the organization as technical support and implementation.
- Operated as community stweard and a member of the leadership team, both online and in person at events.
- Successfully envisioned, implemented, and executed multiple website projects & migrations from basic HTML to full Content Management & File Sharing systems using modern OSS standards.
- Proactively maintained and actively administered / responded to security and load issues on our infrastructure.
1994: BA, Cornell University; Ithaca, New York.
1990-1992: 4 Semesters Electrical Engineering: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity
- Executive level support for Partners, Managing Directors, and Doctors.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office through Office 2019 / 365, including Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as numerous other applications.
- Self-trained in a number of other software programs, including Joomla, Bloomberg Financial Software, and PerTrac Analytics.
- Expert knowledge of all Windows operating systems through Windows 10
- Extensive experience with Windows-based servers, including Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of networked appliances including printers, scanners, room wizards, and biometric security and surveillance equipment.
- Knowledge of clients and servers for remote access and support software including Citrix, Microsoft TSC (RDP), TeamViewer, AnyDesk, Bomgar, and DameWare.
- Experienced in ticketing systems, including ServiceDesk Plus, Numara Footprints, ZenDesk, and Peregrine.
- macOS up to 13 (Ventura, current version); iWork and iLife, MS Office for Mac, Parallels and VMware Fusion.
- Thorough knowledge of all PC hardware, Mac hardware, Blackberry, Android and iPhone / iPad devices.
- Basic Laser Printer, Desk Jet, and Scanner hardware maintenance.
- Extensive experience with Windows (Active Directory), Exchange, VMware, TCP/IP, and physical networking.
- Familiarity with SonicWall Firewalls and VPN systems.
Cloud & Web Hosting:
- Experience with Office 365 (Hosted Email, SharePoint, OneDrive) and Google Business solutions.
- Administrative experience with ZenDesk.
- Familiarity with ConnectWise, Automate (Labtech), SolarWinds MSP, Manage Engine Desktop Central.
- Familiarity with Sophos, Webroot, MalwareBytes, and other security / anti-virus packages.
- Proficient in Web Development, including HTML and CSS, and CMS systems (Joomla).
- Familiarity with mySQL and PHP applications.